Back again today to share with you my second version of the parsley pants (UPDATE: Pattern is now available here). For this version, I used some linen pinstripe fabric that I bought quite a while back and have been saving for the perfect pants for Oliver. So glad to finally put it to good use!
I wanted to try out the pintucks and pouch pocket variation of the pants this time. BUT I also thought it might be fun to add a little something extra this time around. During Celebrate the Boy, Rae showcased a lot of clothing with piping and I fell in love with that look. I have never made piping for clothing before, but thankfully she has an easy tutorial. I am pretty sure that the piping cord I used is a little thick for clothing, but it’s what I had on hand and I didn’t want to have to run to the store so I made it work (ala Tim Gunn 🙂 ).
The pintucks ended up being super subtle on the pinstriped fabric but I still love them! I also made this version flat front to dress it up a bit. The pouch pockets took me quite a while to construct because I had to make the piping, baste it to the outer pocket fabric, sew the outer fabric to the lining, and then sew the completed pockets to the pants. Whew! It was worth it though because, in my opinion, the little details are what make these pants stand out. I used a Lotta Jansdotter print for the pocket lining and while you only see a peek of it around the pockets, it makes me happy that it’s there. 🙂