I should have done more preparatory work if I wanted to end up with finished products every day, but I’m happy with the progress I’m making. I hope by the end of the week to have finished off quite a few projects. I am making multiples of most items because I find that it takes only a little more time to make 4 bibs than 1 bib.
Day 1: Is this all I accomplished in an hour? Wow, an hour’s time does go by quickly.
- Cut out material for 4 baby bibs.
- Cut out fabric for 6 circle skirts
- Cut out treasure pocket pants pattern
Day 2: Today’s hour had to be spread out over 2 sessions because I have a feverish little boy who had trouble staying down for his nap:(
- Overcast all edges of bib pockets and sewed one bib together completely- I am using the basic bib pattern from Simple Sewing for Baby and decided that this one layer is too flimsy with the flannel so for the remaining 4 bibs, I will sew 2 layers together.
- Cut out Treasure Pocket Pants (actually these will be shorts) and sewed pockets. I realized I’m not too happy with the juxtaposition of these 2 fabrics so I changed the pocket material to a solid blue in order to be less busy. I will use the pocket fabric I cut out to make another pair once I find a coordinating solid to go with- Hubby says find some orange linen. We shall see. Bummed that I don’t have any solids in my stash to match but must move on. I hope that soon my town will get more variety of fabric stores so I can easily pick up linen and such when I need it…Hmmm…maybe that would be a bad thing for my wallet:).
Goals for Day 3:
- Finish one pair of treasure pocket shorts
- Make Birthday Crown for the little man’s party on Saturday.